Sunday 2 October 2016

The Stones Will Cry Out

I was pleasantly surprised to find a letter* which had arrived in our church letterbox - addressed to me, all the way from South Carolina, USA. Lesley, who reads my blog, had come across this anecdote in her bible reading notes. It reminded her of my Hope Stones, so she kindly sent me a copy...
Last year, before Easter, our pastor preached a beautiful sermon about Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. He spoke about how important it is for each of us not only to live a Christian life, but to proclaim and share our faith with others. As we left, the ushers gave everyone a small stone, as a reminder of His words "If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out"I carry that stone with me almost every day. Whenever I reach into my pocket for my car keys or change, sand touch the stone, I am reminded of God's love for me. At that moment, I say a prayer of thanksgiving.In this day of impersonal contact through cellphones and social media, I think what a blessing it is to be able to pray and know God loves us and is listening to our concerns, regardless of our circumstances, It is also a blessing to be able to share that love with others.
Thank you Lesley - I know won't mind me sharing it on the blog. *Our Administrator pointed out that I have now had three pieces of post arrive at the church from blog readers. I think it is very exciting, and love having contact with people like this - especially when it is friends on the other side of the world!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely thing to find in the mail,and lovely to read in your blog. Thank you, I needed it this morning. God speaks to us in different ways, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the trees clap their hands...the Biblical imagery is fabulous, always.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!