Sunday 19 August 2018

I Am A Custodian My Dear...

... Not An Owner
So says Lord Grantham to his wife when they are discussing Downton Abbey. It is an important principle when we consider the things we have and the world we live in. I think that I prefer the word 'steward' to 'custodian' - but here's the thing : we need to care for things, use them wisely and do all we can to leave them in a good state for our children and our children's children. 
That quote, plus eleven others, are on the CS jigsaw I bought to do on holiday. It had 1001 pieces. Once I'd completed the puzzle, I turned the one remaining piece over and realised it was from another puzzle [different colour card on the back] 
I enjoyed the puzzle, a challenging mix of words, people, and backgrounds. 
But I don't want to keep it now I've completed it, I shan't do it again.*
So this will be a summer giveaway. If you'd like me to send it to you then leave a comment on THIS post before August 25th. I'll pull a winner out of the hat, and post it. 
*As Lady Violet Crawley says "At my age, one must ration one's enjoyment  

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea to share your jigsaw puzzle. I was given the Downton Abbey boxsets to watch a while back and still have gotten round to them. You inspired me to start watching them once my current boxset finishes x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought 3 Downton DVDs in the CS yesterday! The quote is a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!