Sunday 7 May 2023

We're Having A Party!

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, Speaker of The House has said he hopes the King will be a force for good, uniting people throughout the Commonwealth. He has also suggested that whether Royalists or Republicans, people, families and communities can all come together to enjoy this holiday weekend**. 

I found yesterday's ceremony moving and thought provoking. And admired those who camped for hours down the Mall for a glimpse of the King and Queen. 

I am not sure how many people will use the 'official' Grace written to be said at Big Lunches and  local teaparties, Here it is anyway

** Thank you to all those who will not have a holiday, but have to keep working to enable the rest of the country to celebrate. Emergency organisations, hospitality providers, careworkers etc. I am not sure why Norfolk Libraries had to stay open on Saturday morning. Were there many people eager to change their books? I know that quite a number of librarians who wanted to stay home and watch the Coronation Ceremony!

10 comments:

  1. I think the Bank Holiday is a little strange. My postie came around yesterday while I was watching the TV but will have a day off tomorrow, obviously. Norfolk Libraries must have taken the same line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes about the BH. I shall spend it Seriously Resting

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful party, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt really sorry for those in shops, libraries etc, who were unable to have a coronation day holiday. Last week I chatted with a couple of shop assistants, who were very disappointed. I think it was awkward as we had a bank holiday at the beginning of the week.I was also moved by the service with its emphasis on "not to be served but to serve", and the question being asked of the king by a child.I believe it was very thoughtful,and inclusive. I hope that your day went well , love Isabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a fabulous but exhausting day. Photos to follow

      Delete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony yesterday. No party here as I'm on my own all day both on Saturday and Sunday as hubby is working. Why a DIY store needed to stay open is beyond my understanding. Have a lovely evening and enjoy the Bank Holiday tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIY shops never seem to close, do they?

      Delete
  5. I hope all your local celebrations are going well and that the weather is behaving for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather has been glorious, street party fabulous 🤩

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!