Saturday 9 July 2011

Running For Home!

This afternoon, Chris and I went to the Summer Fayre at the local home for the visually impaired – the weather, which had been gloomy earlier, was lovely…

DSCF1908

The pets in the ‘small animal petting area’ were sensibly shaded

DSCF1909DSCF1910DSCF1911

And the bouncy castle and slide were popular

DSCF1912

I resisted all the foodstuffs on sale, ignored the raffles, and just made a few purchases…

DSCF1915

…this came to £1.85p in total – a sage plant for the Cornerstones garden, a pair of salad servers and a pie slice, also for Cornerstones [from the wonderful, vintage “Viners Profile” range] and a 1955 Roy Rogers Annual [I just fancied reading something a little different, that’s all!]

Forest Chapel LFEThen later on in the afternoon we went up to see our friends Ruth and Ian at Forest Chapel, who were hosting a Strawberry Tea. At this point, Chris suggested I should run home! It seemed a good idea, so I did. According to Mapometer, it is 1.62 miles and I did it in 20 minutes. Feeling smug!

4 comments:

  1. Well done you! If it was as warm there as here that was a very challenging ask. You'll be brill in your run, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have many of Roy Rogers movies. Clean entertainment, and the good guys always win! He and wife Dale Evans were fine Christian people. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Ang, go! The pets are cute. You are keeping Chris busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - school9 July 2011 at 22:34

    We were at the KR summer fayre too. Those rabbits were huge!! I didn't resist the food unfortunately and consumed a huge viennese whirl. Emma and I are doing Race for Life tomorrow in Mum's memory. I however will only be walking the 5k. No time to train seems like a good excuse. Sure you will do brilliantly in your run.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!