Thursday 13 February 2014

Don’t Lose Your Marbles!

Here’s a great, easy idea for Valentine’s Day – heart shaped cupcakes. It’s all over the interwebs at the minute…I may have to whip up a batch of these shortly [the Connexion girls are coming round this evening, and cakes are de rigeur at our meetings!]

You just take an ordinary cake tin, and put your paper liners in, then drop a glass marble down the side of each case.

Then when you bake the cakes, they will come out heart shaped. Decorate them as you please.

So simple – and no need to go and spend money on a set of heart shaped tins. Love it!!

valentine-cupcakesvalentine cupcake 2

PS I suspect the marbles will get VERY HOT so do be sure to let everything cool down well before you try to remove them. If you are short of cooling racks, use this tip from Real Simple magazine

9 comments:

  1. Sounds good - let us know if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!
    .........now where did I put my old set of marbles?........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever stuff, wonder who came across that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if you don't have any marbles I guess ceramic baking beans might work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably would [but I do not have any!]

      Delete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just shows how the interweb and fashions come and go - this idea is in the Tightwad Gazette which I had in the nineties. Good old Amy Daczyzyn and her fab ideas - they are in fashion again - thanks for sharing - but my marbles are used for chicks, so I don't think it would be hygienic to use them for baking! Hope you have a good meeting with the ladies and enjoy the cakes xxx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!