Tuesday 11 February 2014

There’s Sew Much More In Leicester…

I have frequently mentioned Button Boutique, our wonderful little haberdashery, just off the market, in St Matthew’s Arcade

DSCF1585

They have a brilliant range of products, for needlecrafts and knitting, and so much more. The staff are so knowledgeable and helpful, and prices are competitive.

DSCF1584

But now, just a bobbin’s throw away, another store with an alliterative name – Material Magic. It opened less than a fortnight ago, and is right on the route from the market to BB.

IMG_1469

They have a great range of fabrics, all at excellent prices, and the manager is from the family who run the Direct Fabric Warehouse, just behind Wilkinson. I’ve used DFW for years for fabric for play costumes, and my SIL got some fabulous curtains there for the lounge in her new house.

dfw

I hope Rehka and her team do really well in this location in the Odeon Arcade – the shop is spacious and full of light, and the current stock looks great.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a button boutique in our town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have two close by, hope they both have enough differences in stock that they can both survive as they could be really good for each other. Most crafters, in my experience, are love having a go at different crafts or adding little 'extras' to their favourite craft so this might help inspire more business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oOoh, how lovely! I would probably be more proactive about wanting to learn to dressmake if I had shops like this nearby!x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!