Thursday 27 February 2014

It’s A Crewel World!

scandi craft clare youngs

I have been enjoying yet another book by the talented craftswoman Clare Youngs. In 2010, I used a book token to buy her book of Scandi needlecrafts and made up loads of baby slippers. Her instructions are clear, and her designs are good. I made these…

DSCF0047

Before we went away last week, I picked up another of Clare’s books in the library. This time it was ‘Folk Art Needlecraft’

folk art clar youngs

It is full of lovely ideas and designs [check out this listing to see what’s inside]

I love the bird bookcover

clareyoung bookcover

There are still more baby shoes …in all, over thirty projects for bags, furnishings, children’s things, accessories…

folk art potholderFolk Art Needlecraft back cover

Do look at Clare’s website, and see all the other stuff she’s produced. I have put ‘Papercrafting in no time’ on my list of ‘books to be read sometime’.

Has anybody else out there made projects from her books? Which of her books would you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love those little slippers. Must go and check out her website. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!