Saturday 18 May 2019

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Some of my friends keep a journal, others write down three greatitudes each evening [a greatitude is a blessing for which they are grateful - the word is a hybrid of gratitude and beatitude. But I have no idea how to pronounce it]
I just write my blog - but there are so many things which have come out of this daily rambling which are definitely things for gratitude and cheerfulness...
Two weeks ago I blogged about the amazing South East Asia Collection in Norwich. Since then, two blogfriends have told me they were in Norwich, so took their spouses to find this place, and really enjoyed it. 
In January, when Bob said "We need to find two nights B&B in Telford, do you have any friends round there?" I immediately said Yes! - and so here we are, staying in a Methodist Manse for the Baptist Annual Meetings this weekend.
Last month,when I was beginning to feel better, and needing a project to occupy myself, Kezzie sent me some cosplay outfits to alter. I am so thrilled that she is pleased with them - and that they've even got the seal of approval from other Whovians. 
Kezzie is a longtime blogfriend  - and one day I hope we will get to meet in person.
That's just three things which instantly came to mind - I know if I sat down and considered it more, the list would be incredibly long. There are all the books I have read because of good reviews on other blogs, gifts and cards from friends all over the world, recipes I have found on other blogs which are now part of my regular repertoire...
I stopped putting a 'blogroll' in my sidebar, because so many people who were on it when I began in 2008 no longer write blogs, and others take 'sabbaticals'. But I do try to comment regularly on other blogs which I enjoy.
When the blog stops 'sparking joy' I shall stop writing it. But for now I'll keep going. 


5 comments:

  1. I call my bedside journal "Thankful Thoughts for an Attitude of Gratitude". It's very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the word "greatitude", before, but I like it! I write down what I am grateful for, each day. If only to remind myself that, no matter what difficulties and irritations I might encounter in any given day, there is always something to be grateful for.

    I hope you continue to blog for a long time to come, Angela; your blog certainly sparks joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have a journal. I used to do journal writing but no longer do it. Being thankful is very important. The bible calls to be thankful first then ask what we need when we pray. Phillipians 4:6 ..."tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do please keep going whilst you can. I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely comments, thank you everybody

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!