Wednesday 1 May 2019

The Hand Maid's Tale

I am "going soppy" in my old age, as my Grandmother would have said. Last summer Rosie was with us at Cornerstones and she ran to the front door and put her hand against the glass. The mark of her handprint is still there, months later. 
I know I ought to clean it off - but I don't want to!
Whenever I look down the passage and see it, I'm reminded how blessed we are to have this lovely little girl as part of our family. 
I'm sure that eventually some well meaning person will polish the glass for me. 
But for now it stays - all too soon she will be grown, and at school. These happy, carefree days will be over, and her time will be full of lessons and homework.
These days together in Norfolk are so special, and I love the time we can share. Rosie has left her mark on my door - but more than that, she will always have a place in my heart. 
It appears that Rosie is good at charming other grannies too - apparently when the family visited Felbrigg Hall last week, a lady commented on her cardi, and Rosie carefully explained that Grandma Angela knitted it, and put Special Buttons on it. 



3 comments:

  1. I do hope we can get our little cottage fixed in time to have the grandchildren here for the summer - it would be so lovely for them. I can see why you want to keep the handprint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful x I look at my boys and suddenly they're not boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she left her hand print on your heart as well as your door, Angela. I am hoping that, one day, I too will be blessed with a grand child. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!