Tuesday 27 July 2010

WasteWatchers - Tuesday

You remember those cheap England flags that I purchased a few weeks ago?

DSCF0002

Well, I cut them up into triangles, and every child was given one on arrival this morning.

They decorated them [with felt pens, paints and glitter] then we collected them all in.

Rachel, Katherine and I pinned them to some old beige nylon lace - not sure where I got it, it has been in the Great Stash for years, it is really cheap quality stuff, and isn’t quite nice enough to use for anything special – and it keeps twisting itself into amazing loops

DSCF0031

Then Irene and Katherine untwisted and disentangled it all whilst I machined everything together. And at the end of the morning, Bob helped me tie it all up outside…

DSCF0038

DSCF0040

There is a gentle breeze – always a good thing when you have hung out some pretty bunting, I think!

The groups were all working really well – the Desert lot have produced some amazing camels

DSCF0035

DSCF0032

The Task Force Group continue with their special activity [hope they manage to finish it by the end of the week!]

image

Today’s game was good fun…

DSCF0033

Two days down, three to go!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful camels! And lovely to see all those children. But I bet you're going to need a serious nap by the end of the week!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!