Sunday 16 December 2012

Angel,Cake And Drummer Boys

Some more pictures from last week’s GITP – taken by Peter and Bob

5DII_6517c

5DII_6538c

Little Drummer Boys!

IMG_3032IMG_3033

Paul and Gillian guard the cakes – including Hannah’s masterpiece

5DII_6410

You notice that it has already been half eaten. It was an exceedingly fine cake. [Hummingbird Bakery Pear and Honey Layer Cake]5DII_6452

I iced my own Christmas Cake on Saturday evening

DSCF5047

This morning the young people, with a little adult help, did their Nativity Service. It was brilliant – they used video clips which they had pre-recorded, interspersed with acting and carols to produce a fabulous service of worship and praise. Well done all of you!

DSCF5049

I did get to be an angel last weekend- but I did not notice Pete taking this shot. I think I was in the early stages of the flu. I certainly look uncharacteristically fed up and sorry for myself.

5DII_6430

You would not believe how many layers of clothing are under that white robe, in a vain effort to keep myself warm as I walked the village trying to bring Good News of Great Joy.

Happy to report that Bob and myself are much recovered now. Thank you to everybody who sent get well wishes.

5 comments:

  1. You are a VERY cute angel, Ang! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look how I felt when I was chosen to be an angel AGAIN every single year at school/brownies.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good celebrating! Those cakes!! I'm glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I adore seeing nativity photos! Yesterday, the Asian Adventist church, who meet on SAturdays in our church hall, had their carol service, to which we were invited, and they gave such a lovely nativity! In fact the whole service was pretty special and so different (but loooooooong!!!! 3.5 hours at least!). Ours is next weekend- I am to be a wise man (promotion from previous years of sheep, sheep, old story-telling Grandma (though I was the main character) shepherd and now I am royalty!!!! Almost had to be a shepherd again but my look of disappointment made our organiser relent!)
    SO glad you both are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking that you looked all peace-bringing and beatific (is that a word?) and divine!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!