Sunday 30 December 2012

The Last Sunday Of The Year

new year

As usual we are away from home this weekend. I shall be thinking a lot about the year just gone – and the year ahead.

2012 -There have been some good memories, great things which have happened. Weddings, babies, new jobs,

ecc-3-1

anniversaries, graduations to celebrate. And some sad things too. Friends and family members who have died. Marriages which have faltered and fallen apart. Jobs lost,

is 49

promises broken, opportunities missed.

But a New Year beckons, with all its promise of fresh starts, new adventures – and the certainty that God will be there for us, and he knows what is ahead, and we can trust Him.

Since I prepared last Sunday’s post, I must tell you that I have some teaching work lined up for January, which is a real answer to prayer. I cannot say more right now – but thank you everybody who has sent kind and supportive comments in recent weeks.

Green pastures are before me, which yet I have not seen

Bright skies will soon be o’er me, where dark the clouds have been

My hope I cannot measure, my path to life is free

My Saviour has my treasure, and He will walk with me

May 2013 be full of unexpected blessings for you all

9 comments:

  1. thanks for that Angela, such beautiful words xxx love froogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Angela, wishing you all the best for 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Ang, I've been praying that some work would arrive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I will say more about the teaching once term starts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending loads of best wishes for 2013. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant!!!! I am so glad for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased about the work. Answer to prayer. Have a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to hear about you getting some teaching work.

    Sending best wishes for 2013 to you and your family,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you have some work lined up.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!