Thursday 6 December 2012

Take Five

DSCF4990

We had still more clergy meeting here yesterday [for lunch this time] and in the evening it was the Sewing Club End Of Term Tree Trimming Party. So late [very late] on Tuesday night I made some cup cakes. I used my new book – it was to hand and used easy ‘cup’ measures. Here’s a pic of some of the remaining cakes.

EDMONDS COOKERY BOOK CUP CAKES

  • 125g butter
  • 1 cup Edmonds plain flour
  • 2 tsp Edmonds baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • ½ cup caster sugar
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 2 eggs

Cream butter, sugar, vanilla till light and fluffy. Add eggs beating well. Sift flour and bp together, Fold in. Stir in milk. Place 12 paper cases in patty tins, spoon mixture evenly into cases. Bake 190ºC for 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. When cold, decorate as desired.

I doubled the quantities, replaced 3 tbsp of measured flour with same of cocoa. I replaced vanilla essence with almond essence. I topped them with simple buttercream also flavoured with almond essence [having gone out at 10pm to buy some icing sugar!]

The cakes were very well received by both groups. The recipe is a basic one, but as I usually measure ingredients by weight, it was good to try it with cup measures. Thanks again, Carole, for the book!

RIP Dave Brubeck 1920-2012 [read one obituary here]

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a really useful recipe, one to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple recipe--I bet the cupcakes tasted delicious!

    Heard a story on the radio about Dave Brubeck--did you know he was married to his wife for seventy years?

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!