I am not doing New Year Resolutions this year- just Reminders To Myself
These mostly revolve round weight loss, money saving, healthy living and good housekeeping.
I will do my best, but I am not going to wallow in guilt when I fail [for I shall inevitably do so] nor spend time gloating if I succeed.
Here then is my list…
- We serve extremely good coffee after church – and then I come home for Sunday Lunch – I do not need to eat a biscuit with my coffee
- The bin men come on Wednesdays. Emptying wastepaper bins and clearing rubbish should therefore be done on a Tuesday to stop last minute panic as I hear the dustcart further up the road.
- If the ironing is done regularly, the basket will not overflow – and it will not take so long to put away afterwards.
- Unless I have more than two heavy bags to carry, there is no reason why I should not walk to church.
- Just because it is ‘on offer’ does not mean it is a bargain.
- I have a beautiful bicycle, I should use it often
- It is possible to walk round a Charity Shop and come out empty handed, and without feeling guilty.
- Just because I believe it is good to share things in a happy marriage, that does not mean everything has to be shared equally. Especially when serving up food. Bob is bigger than me and needs more calories.
- Checking emails late at night is a Bad Idea. It is better for me to check earlier in the evening, and switch off the PC when I have finished with it, that way I will not be kept awake with concerns that can wait till tomorrow.
And finally – there is so much ribbon in this house, I could tie a new little bow like this on my finger every day for the whole year. This year I will sort out my ribbons and use them up or give them away.
I do not find that this is a good method of remembering things anyway. A note in my filofax or a Post-It over my PC is much more effective. How do you remember things?