Sunday 15 July 2018

Coming Home

Belonging to a loving family is such a precious blessing. I think I will treasure forever the memory of last Sunday morning when Rosie ran into the room and saw her grandfather sitting on the sofa. Her face lit up, and she shouted "Grandad Bob! I missed you today!"
In the last couple of weeks, I've been moved to tears of joy by the news from Thailand of the cave rescue - pictures of parents waiting anxiously, and news reports about the difficulty of the rescue. All 12 boys, and their coach are now out of the cave. The oxygen supplies ran out as the operation ended. What a great story!



I have also wept to see videos of children taken from their parents at the US border, being reunited with their families.
Spare half a minute to watch this clip

But I also shed tears of anger and frustration that there are hundreds of families separated by this cruel US policy and inefficient administration. For many reasons - but especially this one, I went to the protest on Friday.
I find this sculpture by Charlie Mackesy depicting the return of the lost son to his loving father deeply moving.
This is what I believe - that God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son - to restore that relationship, to bring us home...
...and I believe that I should work to bring children home - by speaking out against the unjust separation of children and families,  by praying for those who are lost - to help reunite families by whatever means I can.
The Thai cave rescue was not easy - and one brave man lost his life. If every person who reads this post sent just £2 to the British Cave Rescue Council, it would make such a difference. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for protesting...More & more I begin to see Trump's administration as evil and I fear for what is happening in the world. Yet I feel lost as to what I can do to make a difference. For evil to flourish it only requires good men to do nothing

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!