Tuesday 17 July 2018

Manchester Menus

We certainly dined well last weekend. 
An excellent lunch with Frank and Barbara en route, Tuna Niçoise, and then fresh strawberries with home-made vanilla ice cream.
Then we arrived at Steph and Gary's place, and once Adrian and Marion turned up from Norfolk, we went out for dinner at Artisans. This is where S&G had a wedding party the week before.
It was so good to get together and relax, enjoying great food and good company. 

I had an amazing Hibiscus Martini to drink - an alco-free cocktail, comprising apple, cranberry, lemon and red berry hibiscus syrup with egg white. Delicious

My main course was Moules Mariniere baked in a pizza crust. Bob had one of these too- they were remarkable- and very tasty

For dessert I had Chocolate meringue, which came with banana, chantilly cream and salted caramel sauce.
After that we walked round to Sam's Chop House- which was L S Lowry's favourite pub [my SIL's clever suggestion - he knows I like LSL] I had a sparkling mineral water alongside the man himself, who was perched at the bar.
On Saturday it was the Family Wedding BBQ at Steph and Gary's - usual BBQ fare, with football on the TV [outside in the garden] and a small wedding cake, sliced with a huge sword!
Sunday breakfast was bagels in town at Bagel Nash - a new experience for Marion. The freshly cooked ones taste so much better than the ones in a plastic bag from the supermarket!
In the evening we ate at Mackie Mayor, in the trendy Northern Quarter, formerly a meat market, now an interesting eaterie serving World Cuisines from counters all round the outside walls
We both opted for Sicilian. I had a rich, unctuous Caponata, Bob had Fennel-stuffed-sausage ragu with pasta.
Our last great meal of the weekend was in Worcester - we went into the St Richard's Hospice Shop and ate in their Snowdrops Cafe. I had a beetroot and pepper puff pastry tart, Bob enjoyed meatballs with a rice timbale. The staff were so friendly and helpful too.
All washed down with San Pellegrino over ice [his blood orange, mine pomegranate and orange] If you want lunch in Worcester, I would strongly recommend this place!

And for the remainder of the month, I think I had better go on a diet!!





2 comments:

  1. All that sounds extremely tasty!! I'm glad you enjoyed a delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about meals which other people have enjoyed. Thank you for the recommendations and enticing photos.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!