Saturday 14 July 2018

Going MAD In West Moors

West Moors is just up the road. Our Church is part of the local Churches Together group there [and since January I have been Chair of the local CT committee] The WM Parish Council asked us if we would like to have a stand at the MAD event [that's Multi Activity Day] Of course, we said we would - but that means a bit of organising.
Ruth the Curate suggested a 'Living Room' - just a simple space under the gazebo, where people could sit, and rest and enjoy a drink of water. So I made the bunting. We are also going to give a way decorate cards, and Hope Stones. I have used the stones at similar events in the past and they have always proved popular.

I suspect I shall be very tired tonight!
Update on yesterday's Protest - it was utterly brilliant, if rather hot. Thanks so much for all the supportive comments both on the blog and on Facebook.Liz wisely left Rosie in the UCL Nursery. I am SO glad I went- and will post pictures next week. This morning I am up early [yet again] and will be busy all day! 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for going, IWork on a Friday, so I am so pleased so many people were able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that a quiet spot to sit and rest and get a cold drink will be very popular! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the Hope Stones!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!