Tuesday 30 July 2024

Monday Was A Sun-Day

It was so delightful to stroll through Norwich yesterday. Bob was going to the Hospice so I travelled with him, and he dropped me off 10 minutes from the city centre. It was warm and sunny. As I was in no hurry I kept stopping to take pictures. So much music history here!
Sarah Gl9ver developed the Tonic Sol Fa system to help to teach singing. That may sound unfamiliar, but it is what Julie Andrews, as Maria, did with the Von Trapp children. Do Re Mi... 
It's fascinating to think that Laurel and Hardy and Archie Leach [aka Cary Grant] appeared on stage here. Leach, who had run away from school joined a circus troupe and appeared as a stilt walker. 
Yalm pronounced yaarm means "to eat hungrily" and it's an old Norfolk dialect word. Yarm is a popular eatery in the Norfolk Lanes. The old Labour In Vain" Yard takes its name from Psalm 127 - Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. There was much graffiti in evidence today"
The Red Herring is not an endangered species. Please try to keep awake
Get connected! 70% of British people feel they no longer have any connection with nature
Do NOT write on this wall! 

I didn't get my hair cut, but I did make my 5th clothes purchase of the year - a new pair of shorts [£23.99 reduced to £7.99 - a bargain]
Bob and I met near the market and enjoyed coffee in the sunshine. We wandered round Sostrene Grene together, then came home for lunch. 
A delightful morning's outing! 

16 comments:

  1. I'm rushing off to the Sostrene green site now! That morning in the sun sounds lovely, and Norwich looks like my kind of city with all that rich history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'd love SG! Many little notebooks

      Delete
  2. I love a day like that-just wandering and looking and really noticing what’s around me in familiar surroundings. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing things I haven't noticed before that make me smile

      Delete
  3. I love walking around town and taking in all the signs and little things that don't always get noticed. Your shorts really were a bargain, I guess all the shops selling Summer clothes haven't done that well this year, and soon the Autumn ranges will be out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lost weight and my old shorts are size 14/16 and won't stay up!

      Delete
    2. Well done on the weight loss, it’s good to have clothes like that.

      Delete
    3. Congratulations on growing out of your shorts (in a good way!)

      Delete
  4. Good idea to go with Bob and enjoy Norwich and also to have a coffee with him in the sunshine. Summer is meant to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a fun day! I spent much of the day at the beach. It was lovely. Everyone else went shopping in the afternoon but I stayed in to swim! Kezzie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely morning and a good bargain on the new pair of shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased to get a quality pair so greatly reduced

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!