Wednesday 28 August 2013

Holiday Snaps

The trouble with having a digital camera is that I take hundreds of photos[about 500 during the past fortnight] Here are some selected holiday pictures. The amazing hat shop in Burnham Market

IMG_0448

There is a whole rainbow of ‘Mother Of The Bride’ hats – this was just part of the pink/red section. Loads of men's hats too…

IMG_0449

Norwich with Mark and Steph, and swimming at Salthouse [ when Mark was showing me the ‘colour accent’ thing with my camera]

IMG_0475IMG_0520IMG_0522

 

What was Bob looking at?

It is weird how Steph’s clothes and Mark’s shorts come up as blue, but the blue towels have black patches.

 

IMG_0507

Cromer Pier. I am extremely pleased with this picture!

We walked through the town and I had to photograph the greengrocer’s shop. It took us a little while to figure out what ‘no enchaners’ meant.

 

IMG_0511

IMG_0498

We ate crab salad on ‘The Albatross’ at Wells. Utterly delicious.

Bob found something on Salthouse beach

“Here’s that sick squid I owe you!”IMG_0514

IMG_0532IMG_0534

Very excited to find all the Cardinal Wolsey stuff on our visit to Ipswich. Will somebody please come to Leicester and dig him up now?

IMG_0535

It is my understanding that he is probably somewhere under the Car Park at Leicester’s ‘Abbey Park’ – I suggest you start looking under the “W”!

Ipswich also has connections with the cartoonist Giles, so in the Buttermarket is a statue of his wonderful “Granma” and her family. We walked to the quay, where Bob enjoyed a Baklava in the rain by the flower market

IMG_0531

IMG_0541

On our final day in Norfolk we enjoyed a trip to Aylsham show – where we saw falconry, the White Helmets Army Motorcycle Display Team, and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

IMG_0627

IMG_0625

Most of my pictures were clear blue sky, as I snapped after the planes and birds had flown past!

IMG_0635IMG_0639

Bob dreaming about riding the Triumph

IMG_0614

Me – on a Husqvarna [a mower, not a sewing machine]

IMG_0618

I take most of the pictures these days – but seeing this one which Bob has taken makes me realise just how much weight I have put on lately. Less cake, more exercise this autumn I think!!

It’s a good job the computer wasn’t working properly, I would have probably posted all 500 pictures.

6 comments:

  1. And we would have enjoyed every single one. I am losing my holiday belly- Christmas holiday belly. But couldn't recommend our last two weeks as a diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What super photos! I especially like the pier one!
    Explain enchaners please, I'm feeling dim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry - it took us a while - we suspect it is 'enhancers' ! x

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry I can't read this post...I'm still in the hat shop!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos - you obviously had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your photos, Angela - and I puzzled over enhaners for a while too! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!