Tuesday 2 March 2021

TARDIS Tuesday, With Kezzie & Friends

My dear blog-friend Kezzie is celebrating her 40th birthday this week. She is very fond of 'Whovian cosplay' [dressing up as a character from the Dr Who TV series] and she suggested that as a sort of virtual birthday party, we might like to join her in this today - one of her regular TARDIS TuesdaysYou pick a character and recreate the scene - if possible listing where you obtained the garments. 
Longtime followers of this blog will know that I love that sort of challenge - but there is a major problem for me right now- almost all my clothes are packed up, my craft materials are packed up - I have the absolute minimum of clothing available. But the kitchen packing is still in progress. I decided to be creative with the materials to hand. The kick stool in the kitchen is affectionately know as The Dalek because of the way it glides along. I just added a few bits and pieces...
I don't think this looks too bad. Then I remembered Bob has a long overcoat and a floppy felt hat - and I am knitting a stripey weather scarf. There are 40 days to go with that- so I had to conceal a ball of wool and the knitting needle with stitches on up my sleeve.
Here is the 4th Doctor [Tom Baker] recreating Doctor Who and The Genesis of the Daleks from 1975 - six years before Kezzie was born. And below is my take on it







16 comments:

  1. Angela, that is absolutely brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix - your costumes are always amazing, so I really appreciate your kind comment

      Delete
  2. You are a genius and so resourceful!

    Happy birthday, Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! Move over Jodie Whittaker :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I'm too old - even Dr #1, William Hartnell, was ten years younger than I am (altho he seemed utterly ancient at the time)

      Delete
  4. This is genius!!!!!! You are so clever to have come up with This!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping your birthday celebrations are fabulous. There seem to be a lot of us in Blogland dressed up for your party.

      Delete
  5. So imaginative, Angela, even with little to hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did amazingly well and even more so when you consider how restricted you were for materials. I am suitably impressed and Kezzie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh! That IS absolutely brilliant! I mean -a plunger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful! I often attend Scy-Fy conventions (although I don't dress up) and I am always astonished at the creativity of some people. One year there was a challenge to dress as a Dalek and it was amazing to watch them all parade past. You would no doubt have been top of the pile!
    And happy birthday to Kezzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I just had to come over from Kezzie's post to compliment you on your absolutely inspired Dalek. If this costume party has prizes then you definitely win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous look...I love that striped scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was absolutely brilliant and your Dalek definitely got the prize in all the costumes :). Wasn't that fun thing to get involved in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Dalek cracks me up whenever I look at it Angela. It's just awesome. That bathmat! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!