Wednesday 13 March 2024

Sew Far, Sew Good


I have been very slow at posting about our latest collaborative stitching. We have both been busy with other projects. But here are our Jan-Feb pieces
I love snowdrops and this is a beautiful piece of stitching, my photo does not do it justice
My piece was our names done in hieroglyphics in a sort of Egyptian cartouche. I only discovered afterwards that the horizontal line at the bottom and the crossed lines indicate that this means a Royal Personage!

I have yet to work out what my final section will be. I had a really good idea in the middle of the night on Saturday, but I have been struggling to remember what it was since I woke up on Sunday morning. Hopefully it will come back to me soon.
I have been working really hard on three memory bears. They do look sad and floppy when they are half-stuffed!






 





10 comments:

  1. Brilliant as always!!! I adore this project! I'd love to see it in person! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The X stitch should be finished by Whitsun. The bears by this evening!

      Delete
  2. The snowdrops are very lovely. You will be lost when the project comes to an end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are already planning Project #3. Kirsten has had some good ideas

      Delete
  3. The cross stitch is lovely from both of you and good luck with the memory bears. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bears finished at noon, and delivered at 1.30!

      Delete
  4. They are both wonderful. I do hope you remember the idea you had for the final section. Maybe it will come back to you in the middle of another night. Keep a pencil and paper beside you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea came back to me last night. Now I am trying to work out how to interpret it, drawing lots of things on squared paper...

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!