Sunday 10 March 2024

Small Gestures

 The picture for March on my calendar. "Do small things with great love" is attributed to Mother Teresa - and I also found this quote by Helen Keller, that amazing deaf-blind woman.

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks, as if they were great and noble.

The picture reminds me that a small kindness can mean so much, and lift a heavy heart. Many in the UK will be celebrating Mothering Sunday today. I thank God for my Mum, and also for my daughters who have become great Mums themselves. Today, for me, is one of gratitude and joy. 

However, I know that many find today really difficult, for all sorts of reasons. May they experience small acts of love and kindness to lift their hearts today. May we who are so richly blessed be aware of opportunities to bless others

16 comments:

  1. Happy Mothering Sunday to you! Mothers' Day is celebrated here in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy mother's day to you.
    I am thinking of those who have lost their mum, their child or those women who desperately want to become a mum.
    It's a day to celebrate, be grateful and think of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️😘
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful mother, grandmother and I am absolutely certain you were a wonderful daughter as I know you are a great friend too!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan - I know your daughter is very proud of you, as you are of her ♥️πŸ‘

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you and your girls. I had a lovely long phonecall with my daughter and she has bought me a delicious looking box of chocs and a subscription to Gardener's World. Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous - enjoy your monthly copy of GW!

      Delete
  6. Happy Mothering Sunday to you and your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, Ang.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, v difficult for those who are estranged from their mothers or lost or parted from them in difficult circumstances. I am grateful for my mum and stepmum. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!