Sunday 31 January 2010

He Restores My Soul

honey lemon We are surviving [just] - both of us with sore throats and stuffy noses, coughing and sneezing. But between us we got through the morning service - very conscious of, and grateful for the prayer support of friends.

Hot lemon and honey drink is wonderful stuff!

Tonight is our annual Rededication Service, and here is one of the prayers we will be using.

I am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will,
rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing,
put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you,
or laid aside for you,
exalted for you,
or brought low for you;
let me be full,
let me be empty,
let me have all things,
let me have nothing:
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine and I am yours.

1 comment:

  1. We have that prayer on our fridge. The first time I read it, in my teens, I realised it was probably the most important thing I would say all year. I'm glad that you're surviving, but hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!