Saturday 18 October 2014

The In And Out Song

Here’s Monty- Liz’s lovely cat. He is a London cat – so never goes outside [his life expectancy would be reduced significantly if he did] My overnight stays in Elephant and Castle always include a time of staring [him] followed by stroking [me] and some snuggling up together on the sofa.

monty2

So for the many cat lovers among you, here’s a Garrison Keillor song you might just enjoy [thanks Jim for pointing me to this one!]

They say you are either a ‘cat’ or a ‘dog’ person – but many of the women in my family seem to manage to be both [or neither]

I want to go out - open that door if you love me
Gotta go out, want to breathe the air
I gotta get loose with that blue sky above me
I been here long enough, I got to be there
I want to come in - what's the matter, can't you hear me?
I want to come in, I am your cat!
I gotta get warm with the people
I been gone a long, long time and now I'm back
And now I want to go out - I'm an independent creature
I am a cat - we're the wandering kind!
It's the call of the wild - I gotta get back to nature
These paws are made for walking and now it's time.
OK, I'm back, but not for long I'll soon be going -
Give me a bite now and I'm on my way
Now open that door and I'll - good grief, it's snowing -
Open up - lemme in - I'm back to stay

Well, now it's stopped, so thanks for all your lovin' -
Gotta hop that freight, I'm a ramblin' guy
Gotta hit that road - it's in my blood or somethin' -
I know you understand so please don't cry
Hello it's me - I knew you'd probably miss me
So I came back, because I missed you so
But I can't stay long, so honey come and kiss me -
I think I hear that lonesome whistle blow
I'm on my way, got to leave my mom and daddy -
Got to say goodbye, want to hear that highway hum
Now I'm all alone, I'm feeling so unhappy -
It's time that I went back where I came from
Yes, it's lime to go back, time to put that road behind me -
I drifted away, but I'm going back now.
Here's the little white house -
Here s that picket fence and the ivy -
I'll scratch on the door - meow
It's me...lemme in...I can hear you talking in there
Hey – Mom'  All right, I get the joke!
Open up the door. Meow

3 comments:

  1. He's a very pretty cat, there's not much for a cat in Elephant and Castle except rooftops! We used to live in Shepherds bush with a cat who would walk all the way down the road from one terraced house to the next by jumping windowsills 30ft up! anyone who had one open was due for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant song totally 'gets' a cat. Monty is very cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!