Monday 2 September 2024

Cover Story - Love is Blue

A lovely treat at the end of a busy week was my stitching from Sussex. I have a very strict order for 'unboxing' Kirsten's parcels.

  1. read the accompanying postcard, which is general chitchat and news
  2. check out the flat gifts, which are always so ingenious and apposite
  3. open out the stitching panel [ with many oohs and ahhs]
  4. reading the notebook to learn more about the latest needlework.
The card was from PenTo Paper, K says it's a favourite store in Brighton. They are now online, and the website is a delight!

The flat gifts - a book [to be read and reviewed later] and from K's recent visit to the Indian Bazaar in the Paradise Gardens, a bag made from sari silk, and a leaf woodblock. The bag brings back happy memories of Leicester's Golden Mile - and the woodblock is lovely.


And then there is the stitching...
Half a dozen blue prints, combined in a lovely random patchwork. This is adjacent to my blue sashiko stitching. It looks fabulous. Various shapes and sizes of irregular polygons, the tiniest one less than half the size of a postage stamp. 
All this inky blue-ness! Summer skies, summer seas, and sapphire anniversaries. Glorious! Thanks K


21 comments:

  1. It was a joy to stitch! This project might be the best yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely sewing friendship you have, did you meet through blogging I cannot remember? You are true kindred spirits and an added joy is all of us followers get to share your delights. Thank You Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were already reading each other's blogs, when I posted about seeing a piece of collaborative stitching done during lockdown. Kirsten said she'd be interested in doing that. 2½ years later...

      Delete
  3. What a joy to anticipate this every month! The bag and woodblock are beautiful and the stitching contains gorgeous colours! Kx
    P.S. back to school today so you'll be back to my regular c.8am comments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of all of my friends (teachers and pupils) who are returning to the classroom this week...

      Delete
  4. All very appropriate for your sapphire anniversary! I’m finding this latest project so interesting as I love both patchwork and sashiko stitching. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first foray into sashiko, and I'm finding it interesting too

      Delete
  5. How lovely this is.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very special. Is the idea behind this collaboration to cover a notebook? Also I love the actual Paper to Pen shop in Brighton I have a weakness for stationery and a large bureau to prove it! Regarding fabric perhaps I ought not to tell you about Merchant and Mills in Rye. Or maybe you already know of them? I buy most of my fabric for dressmaking from M and M (they helpfully send samples by post) and at the moment they have a great collection of Indian cotton block prints in lots of colours including indigo and some unusual earthy colours (around £14/m which I think is pretty good). Sarah in Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE M&M. Never been to the shop, but I've made up the camber pattern about 6 times now.
      I've got the old-fashioned blotter on the pen and ink postcard! Kirsten

      Delete
    2. The camber pattern looks straightforward - is it just a simple shift without any fastenings

      Delete
  7. [1] yes this one is to cover a pair of A5 notebooks. We both have a fondness for notebooks and the finished covers will get used [our previous two collaborations are sadly languishing in drawers]
    [2] I know about M&M , and have a few of their haberdashery accessories- and a lovely teeshirt which my daughter bought me. But I have never bought fabric from them.
    Thank you for mentioning them - always good to get a positive recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS I watched the new "Grace" on TV last night, and muttered that it is YEARS since we went to Brighton!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that blue patchwork and how it ties into your sapphire anniversary, summer skies, and summer seas. :)
    Maybe you can applique the other two finished projects to a larger piece of fabric and turn them into book covers, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very effective combination of blue fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!