Friday 27 September 2024

Tagged!

Catriona suggested my mice should have a little tag stating they were hand made. Bob offered to make me some with his laser cutter. He went out to the workshop and a short time later cane back with a handful of twelve wooden tags.  They are so cute- less than 50mm x 25mm, 2mm thick and I can write the mouse name on the back. Much smarter than just a bit of cardboard or a sticky label. [Thanks Bob] Each mouse also has a storycard. It's all coming together very nicely at my 31:13 shop

I've loved crafting all my life - sewing, knitting, papercrafts, embroidery and more.I admit to being a hoarder- collecting  scraps that other people discard and turning them into beautiful and useful things.  Now I'm retired, and living in a beautiful part of the country, I have more time to sit and stitch, and I want to share my creativity with others, at an affordable price.

My grandmother taught me crafting skills when I was a child, and she was a woman of faith. My shop is called 31:13 because there is a verse in the bible (Proverbs chapter 31 verse 13) , about a woman who "finds wool and fine linen and works with eager hands" 

My shop's logo is a play on those numbers - the butterfly reflects the idea of metamorphosis into a new, beautiful life.





8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the explanation about the origin of 31:13 and your logo. How lovely and so appropriate! BTW thanks to your blog, my granddaughter is now reading the first Peanut Jones book and enjoying it immensely. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charmaine. Good to hear of another grandchild enjoying reading too!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your mice will fly out of your shop - now there's a thought - an aviator mouse! - with goggles - although goodness knows how you would make goggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now you've got me thinking....Bob made some brilliant steampunk goggles 🥽to go with a Mr Toad costume 🐸I was making once. And that bag of leather scraps might yield something appropriate for a flying jacket.l and helmet. Biggles Mouse!!! (Or Amelia Earhart Mouse) 🐭 No. The complexity of a flying helmet with apertures for mouse ears would take hours to design and create ...🛩️

      Delete
  3. The tags are beautiful. Can he use Balsa wood on his laser cutter as sometimes I have Balsa wood Charlie Bigham containers and wonder if something can be done with them to reuse! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says it will cut balsa. I didn't realise CBs pies came in balsa containers

      Delete
  4. It's great that each of your cute mice gets a name.
    In general, the mice are brilliant... and your logo is particularly brilliant... I wish you much success. What could be better than bringing joy to others!
    A loving hug comes to you from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Viola.im having trouble opening your blog this morning. Will try again later,so I can find out more about your finished quilt ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!