Friday 6 September 2024

Where Do You Get Your Ideas?

One answer is 'often from other blogfriends' In recent weeks I have been grateful for inspiration from all sorts of people.

Bless has started a September Decluttering Challenge- and I think maybe I should be picking that one up. Having done a great job tidying the kitchen for me last week, Liz pointed out that I do have rather a lot of empty containers - and maybe some of them ought to be recycled, as I am never going to make that much jam or chutney


Kirsten who has inspired me so much with stitching, mentioned how she made a quick soup when lunch was late, and needed to be prepared fast. I decided that I could produce some "Fridge Scrape" minestrone - and ended up with 3 days worth of delicious soup. 
Catriona - who reads blogs, but does not blog herself, sent a lovely handmade anniversary card - with a genius cutting technique which lifted it out of the ordinary into the 'classy' category. I shall definitely be copying this one. Sign of the times- we had oodles of messages online, on WhatsApp, on Facebook etc - and just three actual cards. I'm grateful for them all though, so reassuring to know that people care! [C's also married to a Shed Man, and our spouses have chatted on the phone about tools] 
Kezzie's Tardis Tuesdays have made me rethink the ways I can wear clothes in my wardrobe, in different layers, or tucking in, or combining tp make one garment serve various outfits . Ok, maybe this one [pictured left] is not quite what I mean!
Rachael, our lovely Vicar, shares my passion for sewing and crafting [and also for preaching] and in recent weeks she has introduced me to two new ideas.
At the Parish Church Coffee&Cakes this week, she had us making paper roses from old Psalters!
So whilst I get a fair bit of inspiration from books, and YouTube, I absolutely love it when my friends are the ones who inspire me. Thank you all!

 


27 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the fun reasons for enjoying people's blogs. We all bring a different slant on life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have many more ideas than I have!
    I hope dropping down to 4 posts a week will help me to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so inspiring -books to read, plants to grow, places to visit... If dropping to 4 posts a week means you fee more able to maintain it, then that is a good way forward. I'd really miss it if you stopped, and so would loads of other people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading your blog after Kirsten put up a link to it on her blog. She had frequently referred to something you had posted and I thought I’d like to read it. Many times I have thought the same about “Sue in Suffolk” and some other’s who comment on your blog. Have you considered adding links to the blogs you follow so that your followers can also follow them?

      Delete
    2. I used to have "blogs I'm following" on my sidebar, but the list got SO long. Now I just tend to put a link if someone has a post I think is worth sharing.

      Delete
  4. Your blog is a source of inspiration for some of us, too, Angela.
    That card is lovely and I hope Catriona doesn't mind, but, I might copy the idea!
    I'm glad to have you join me in the decluttering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to find ideas from other blogs and like you, I always say where I got the idea from. Is that a die cut rose? I’m sure I have a die that makes this shape and in the past we have used music sheets, book pages, maps and junk Mail to make the flowers. Happy crafting! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do a post about Rachel's Roses next week (no die cutting needed)

      Delete
  6. I think all of us long-time bloggers sometimes feel that maybe we should be running out of ideas, but most of us never seem too. I always find that if I am stumped for something to waffle on about, just looking through the photos that I have taken in this months file on the computer gives me a starting point. I could waffle on so much more, and perhaps I will when we retire next year, but for now it is just time constraints that have taken me down to about four times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly found it harder pre retirement

      Delete
  7. Some great ideas here. Some internet stuff we could definitely do without but blogging brings a lot of positivity. Shared ideas, connections, empathy.....lots more of course 😍
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Fridge scrape" soup sounds great. I've always believed that soup is what you make it. Recipes often feel restrictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like "Jumbleberry Jam" using what you have in the best way you can

      Delete
  9. I think you sell yourself short, Ang. You've always been an inspiration to me since the very early days of blogging and I love your sense of humour. Keep being you.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A. You are a very kind and generous blog friend ❤️

      Delete
  10. You always have lovely ideas. Yours is one of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What was in the Fridge that you scraped out?
    I agree about inspiration from other bloggers. Thank you for including me!! You have so much variety on your blog! I love it! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes, tomatoes, onions, carrot, some salad leaves, plus chicken stock

      Delete
  12. I was quite late discovering the blogging world but I have been enriched by so many new friends
    and being inspired by everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!