Tuesday 10 September 2024

Happy HODS

 This is the time of the year for HODS [Heritage Open Days] Docyeck out the national website for this fab, free, festival HERE. On Friday I got to attend something very special in Norwich - of which more later - and Saturday I went to some of the Dereham sites 
Bonnie the Mouse had been doing her bit. I popped into the Museum to give Katie a "spare" Bonnie, as I was concerned #1 might not stand up to so much travelling
I also visited the nearby Parish Church, and climbed the
Bell Tower. Dereham is unusual in having a separate tower. The church was 300 years old when there was a bequest to pay for bells. But the building was not deemed strong enough to bear their weight. The tower was built at the start of the 17C. French Prisoners were kept there during the Napoleonic Wars. One escaped and was shot in the churchyard - his grave is still there.
 I was delighted to go inside the Georgian Assembly Rooms and see the Regency Ballroom [lovely replica gowns on display]
Back at the Museum, the volunteers were enthusing about the number of families who had visited, and they'd listened to excited children following Katie's Mouse Trail, squealing with joy when they located the little felt characters.
I came home and started making mice to put in my 31:13 shop next month.
A small request... Two people have recently contacted me to say the shop's link on my sidebar would not work for them. I'd be very grateful if some of you good people could check it out and see if the link works for you [I'm NOT asking you to buy anything though]Please let me know if it does or doesn't work for you,. Thank you

40 comments:

  1. Side bar link worked fine for me - lovely to see your handiwork for sale.Thank you for sharing day to day life on your interesting blog - I love your notebook cover collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't work for me. And Christmas is coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that's 4 ✅ and 1 ❎ so far...

      Delete
    2. Perhaps you might get there with a different browser?

      Delete
  3. It works for me, too :) Louise in Glos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked for me. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Will check the link after this!
    So good to hear your work is appreciated! I love a good bell tower! So lovely to hear a peal! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can log in Ang. Think the mice will be popular! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Ang, I can log in fine 👍. Thank you very interesting post, glad the mice are appreciated. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ang, the link worked okay for me too. Love your little mouse! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using Firefox browser I can go from the link on your page to your shop. I look forward to seeing mice! Love FD xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wonder if it is a browser issue

      Delete
  10. Yes, it works for me. I’m disappointed you can’t ship to Canada. Love your little owl ornaments. I enjoy your blog and read it every day. Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The link worked for me too. I was delighted to see all your creations as I have not thought to look before! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Using my iPad which has a Safari browser the link worked when I tapped on the butterfly but I noticed that when I tapped on the “Please check out my shop” text nothing happened. Maybe that’s what has been happening. I tapped on the text first and only tried the butterfly when that had failed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It works just fine for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can get to your shop via my mobile but still not on my laptop, will get OH to look. Washing had to be rescued and put on airer and its pouring down here. Still waiting on a date looking at the end of the month middle of October now! Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that it works on one not the other (different browsers?) Raining here too. Hope your moving date comes SOON

      Delete
  15. The link is working for me but I’m in Oregon so I don’t think you would want to ship to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It worked for me. Jane Nottinghamshire

    ReplyDelete
  17. The HODS sounds great. I love all kind of museums. So fun with the respons to the Katie's mouse trail. The link works for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Works fine on Safari and Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It works fine for me, Ang. Nicky K

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can get to shop on my phone. Haven't tried PC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I live in the US and the link worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The link worked for me, too.
    The replica gowns are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They show just how much smaller women were in previous generations

      Delete
  23. I'm just catching up but the link works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!