Saturday 29 April 2017

It's Funny How Things Pan Out..

Bob's been utterly brilliant at finding CS bargains lately. On Monday he returned our Norfolk library books, and popped in a nearby CS. He came back to Cornerstones with this 
It's a full size Nordic Ware Bundt Pan. I've yearned for one of these for years. I got a half size Pan in Cromer 6 years ago. But this is a full  size one - and it is the Goldware range, brought out for the company's sixtieth anniversary in 2010. My pan is in beautiful condition. I suspect it's not been used. Similar pans retail at around £40. I'm hoping to make a cake in it this weekend. 
Then yesterday we were passing another CS and Bob suggested a quick look [no dawdling, though, he said] 

I came away with a replacement pressure cooker. My lovely Prestige HiDome model from 1973 has a warped bottom. Although it was fine on the gas hob in Kirby, it won't work properly on the induction hob here. It will be good to have an efficient one again, 
Again it appears unused, and these are around £40 too. 
The guy in the shop said he was terrified of pressure cookers. Poor chap, he doesn't know what he's missing! PCs save time, energy and money. 
And these two bargains cost just £12 in total. Wonderful. Thanks Bob. 

12 comments:

  1. Lucky you !!
    That's an original style of Bundt tin and although I have other Bundt tins (purchased with birthday money over the years) this is the one I hanker after. Remember to grease it lavishly, by brushing oil or suchlike into the crevises - I look forward to reading about the results.
    And a pressure cooker........oh wow, steamed apple suet pudding........lucky you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder about oiling well. I know I should not use metal knives to loosen the cake, in case they damage the surface.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention, if you need any ispiration for Bundt recipes, this is a good start:
      http://www.dollybakes.co.uk/p/bundts-on-brain.html

      Delete
  2. What bargains! I am also one of those daft people who is terrified of pressure cookers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, that is one amazing site, thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The Bundt pan is lovely!
    I remember that one I Love Lucy episode when Ricky and Fred try to make rice in the pressure cooker. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful buys! I still use the Nordic Ware bundt pan I bought back in the '70s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pompom, I just found that I Love Lucy episode on YouTube, it's very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have just come across your comment on another blog saying that you sometimes struggle to think of ideas for posts. It doesn't show! Please continue just as you are doing. I love reading your blog, it's so encouraging and honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep saying that I will spend one lunch time a week trawling CSs but I never seem to get round to it - which is probably why I never find anything like that

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh, that is fabulous!!! Good old Bob!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://minimalistgranny.com/layoffs-and-socializing/
    Heres another blog with a reference to a Bundt pan. Now I want one!
    Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!