Sunday 30 April 2017

Keeping The Sabbath

Monday will be a Bank Holiday for many of us, and lots of families take the opportunity of an extended weekend break. So find a quiet moment to enjoy peace and rest. You may have people to care for, tasks to do, places to go...but however busy you are, remember to make some space for your own personal Sabbath. Today, or tomorrow - doesn't matter when, or how, what matters is that you do it.
Jesus said "Come to me, all you that are weary, and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest"

4 comments:

  1. What a super quote, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has just read the quote and suggested that I should keep a copy on my desk!
    Why is I that we all feel we should be doing something "productive" for at least 12 hours a day?
    I go to church and then start trying to fit all the jobs in and..........I'm supposed to be retired.
    I find the second paragraph particularly hard to act upon!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is 10.45 Monday Morning, we have been sitting about in our pjs drinking coffee, chatting and catching up on all recorded TV - it's been lovely, but I still feel a little guilty about 'things that I have left undone'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and so true and so important Ang!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!