Sunday 18 April 2021

Fresh Fields, Pastures New

Among the birthday/retirement/leaving cards was this one

An unusual picture, I thought, as I opened it. Two cows in a field?
But the message inside from two dear friends was both caring and challenging. "Hope you settle into your new field quickly" it read. And on the left hand side was this wise advice for Christians reaching the end of working life... 
AFTER WORK, we are still called to be 'salt and light'
BY BEING - enriching those around us and humbly helping people to see another way to live. 
BY SPEAKING - our voice of wisdom, love and compassion
BY SERVING - formally or informally, the community of family and surroundings we inhabit
RETIREMENT isn't a biblical concept!
Yes, M & P you are absolutely right. Thanks for the reminder. The days ahead will be very different, but we will still follow and serve the One who called us all those years ago. He has tasks for us to do - and we know He will guide us in this new pattern of life, and the next part of the adventure. 
[UCF services will continue - check out United Church Ferndown YouTube and in the playlists you will find all the Sunday services]

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and suitable for "Mooving"!
    I wish you all the best in what I know will be a wonderful new time of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd thought of that witty pun!!

      Delete
  2. I like that card and the sentiments (to be, speak, and serve) would apply equally to non-Christians, too, I would think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely message and certainly is challenging! You are a follower of Christ in all you do. But just for the moment, get yourself sorted and calm and settled- it's no good doing everything amidst chaos! Which I'm sure you know and are doing anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!