Monday 29 June 2009

The First Figs of the Season

DSCF0014 The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.

Honour the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops

This is Blogpost #500 - halfway to a millennium! And this morning we harvested the first figs on the tree. A sign of God's continuing grace.

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on post 500 :) Here's hoping for 500 more.

    I adore figs... when I lived in Cyprus, I used to be able to walk down towards the harbour from where I lived and pick ripe ones off the trees that drooped over the road. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Ang, you are prolific, I'm only coming up to 300!
    Fancy missing Ofsted, how could you??

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!