Tuesday 25 October 2011

I Blame PomPom!

Last week PomPom did a post all about pixies.

pixies

She is very fond of pixies and gnomes and their eccentric wardrobe, and made especial mention of their feet.

I have been aware of the weather turning wintry– and I certainly feel the cold. I am glad I sorted out my summer/winter wardrobe swap last week

But I have identified a problem

- my winter trousers are all too big, so I am planning on wearing thick tights [I have a bag of these which have lasted me years] and/or my new leggings. But what does one wear on one’s feet in the winter months if wearing leggings? I cannot live in my best knee high black leather boots! Observation of others leads me to believe the answer is pixie boots.

I saw some for £12 in Primark, in Loughborough but they seemed very poor quality. Then I went into the nearby Heart Foundation Shop. There they were- a brand new pair of red boots from Office labelled “Size 6, £15”.[I think they retail at £60 or more] I am size 5. I tried them on. Perfect fit! I think they have been wrongly sized – I wonder if someone bought them mail order, and couldn’t be bothered to return them when they proved to be too small?

Here they are- my own little red pixie boots!

DSCF2579DSCF2582

I can wear them with cuffs folded down, or up to midcalf. Skipping about happily wearing my bargain boots. No PomPom, I am not going to make myself a red pointy hat or a strange triangular dress. But I have just remembered that I do have a pair of these …

tights

I wore them for a Comic Relief event at school, when I went dressed as Beryl The Peril.

And I did make Mark an elf costume for a New Year’s Party back in 2008. That is now up in the box of costumes in the loft.

So I suppose I could be a properly dressed pixie if the need arose.

But maybe not when I am Supply Teaching or Lay Preaching!

I’m as happy as Dorothy when she skipped to Oz in her ruby red shoes [but only red in the technicolor film – in Frank Baum’s original book they were silver]

8 comments:

  1. What a bargain Angela! They are perfect for the winter weather.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great pair of boots at a great price.....

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your pixie boots! You are a proper pixie!
    Please don't write off the possibility of a pixie hat. You may find one just your size! Must find yarn for my pixie hat as soon as I arrive in Denver. Must be on the look out for pixie boots now . . .
    Great post, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots and love the pixies and I don't see a problem with a pixie hat if that is what you would like -- you might be a trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVED these boots. Charity shops are my favourite shops - love them all!

    By the way the link is sorted over on my blog - thanks for letting me know of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you all liked the boots. Thanks for sorting the link, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is VERY now! You could fit right in at our school gates. Minus the pixie hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put on your red boots and...dance! (Apologies to ?David Bowie?)

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!