Thursday 20 July 2023

What Did It Say?

Sometimes I see a sign and I just have to look again. And even then I'm not always sure what I just read. I keep passing this one in Sainsbury's
Have I missed my chance? And anyway, surely you can't buy beauty, can you? 
This chap on King's Lynn Market"You will not see one like this anywhere. £45". Well that's not true,  five minutes on the Internet and I found one very similar (a different colour jacket) Do people really pay £45 for something like this believing it unique? 
This was the best one. Julian and I were very amused by "Ask staff to get out of the window" It was so tempting to ask the bored looking young woman behind the counter in the Charity Shop.. "Excuse me, please can you get out of the window?" just to see her reaction. 
Still, if I am feeling glum, at least my brother, and son-in-law have joined the latest Samaritans'  poster campaign 



14 comments:

  1. There are rubbish bins in Brigg labelled, "If this bin is full take it home with you".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs are amusing! I like the window one!
    People get really cross when pulled up on their grammar unless they are fond of grammar (like us!).
    That's good of Adrian and gary (sic)!😁
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frugally challenged's notice is one of the best yet! There's a Catherine Fox novel, an early one, where two of the characters play the 'spot the notice game'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read any Catherine Fox. Which book should I start with?

      Delete
  4. As long as a sign gets you to notice it, then, it has done its job, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sometimes asked to comment on written work of various kinds. I always say to people to read it aloud and see if it really says what they mean! Yes-the one about taking the bin home with you always makes me laugh! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading it aloud is a wise move. Someone we know put up a sign in a church car park saying "This space is reserved for people who are disabled on Sundays"

      Delete
  6. I love looking out for signs like this, it keeps me and my small brain happy ... and I frequently answer their questions out loud. If a sign tells me I 'have to have' something or 'need' something I am the first to say 'no I don't'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These made me smile x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!