Monday 10 July 2023

My Handsome Plinths!

Like Miss Brodie, I am a woman in my prime [NB, I have been saying this for about 50 years, ever since I read the book] Whilst we had the paintbrushes etc out last week, I decided it was about time we finished off the kitchen refurb, which started in December 2021.
Half the plinths were absent when we moved in. So a few months back, Bob made the missing ones out of some spare wood. But they were not painted.
I took all the plinths out into the garden, and applied a first coat of paint to prime the surfaces. In the hot sun, it dried quickly
And 16 years after the kitchen was put in - by the previous owners ...
...I finally have my handsome plinths!

Dark blue, to match the feature wall behind the hob. I'm very happy with the result. Thanks Bob




21 comments:

  1. Am I daft? I am not sure where they are in the photo as I can't see what is dark blue on my phone? Well done for getting it done though! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the bottom bits of the cupboards, between door and floor. Previously dropped things rolled right underneath which was a nuisance!

      Delete
  2. Amazingly your kitchen cabinets look similar to ours, except that our wooden cupboard and drawer “handles” need a sand down and a varnish! The dark blue looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I confess that I don't really like the strip "handles" but they are what came with the property and not easy to change. The blue plinths really improve the appearance of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely. I like the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good and love the play on words
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It finishes the kitchen off beautifully ... and no more peas rolling under the cupboards. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope satisfying and it looks good, too! What a pleasant shade of blue!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I like the dark blue. We call them toe kicks. I redid the kitchen 20 years ago, and still need to get around to painting a long one original to the house. Next year....(it's always next year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard the term 'toe-kicks' before

      Delete
  9. Excellent, and that lovely dark blue is certainly worth continuing for the plinths. Ours are boring, same colour as our cabinets, and I'm trying to recall what we call them here, I know it's not plinths!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some day my plinths will come?😃
    (Lynn P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used that as the title for a post in 2018!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!