Friday 23 December 2022

Deck The Halls

 Despite the drastic cull of decorations pre-retirement, we still seem to have plenty of stuff. Mostly red and green, gold and silver...with a few other colours thrown in.
Lights along the hall way,  my favourite card from Liz [in her student days] The big ceramic Joy and Peace signs.
I have had a lovely hand-made card [thank you, Judi] 
Our chandelier has festive baubles. The Elf is on the shelf, and the wooden nativity is ready for little children to play with. More bunting pegged on the kitchen blind, a Matryoshka nativity set, and a pair of fabulous pre-Raphaelite angels [my friends know me too well]
 


The fresh poinsettia, from a neighbour, looks glorious in the silver urn. The tree is dripping with ornaments. My jug of baubles is stylish on the dining table- and the Willow Tree plaque is so special.
The padded placemats come out for another year. The smaller cake has fewer decorations. Pauline's Angel guards the baby, and golden words of greeting are at the front. The candle at the back celebrates Jesus' birthday. The luxurious ribbon adds a sparkling finish.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed decorations or sent cards - each piece has a story, and brings memories of other years, other homes, and precious friends and family members. 
The past couple of Christmases have been very different for all of us. But the essential message is unchanged, 
Glad tidings of great joy 
peace on earth, 
goodwill to all people
A Saviour is born

Love came down at Christmas, star and angels gave the sign


26 comments:

  1. I thought about you as I dressed my tree including the decoration I won in your giveaway back in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas, Mary. Thank you for another great year of blogging

      Delete
  2. Happy Christmas to you and all your family, Angela. I hope you have a joyful and peaceful festive season surrounded by those you love. We will spend it together at home as always and be glad that we can eat and heat. ❤️ Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas to you and yours, Catriona - yes I think many of us are really conscious this year of all the blessings we have. ❤️

      Delete
  3. How lovely and festive it all looks. Happy Christmas dear Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a good time with your loving family - but very conscious that there will be bittersweet memories for you ❤️

      Delete
  4. Hello!!! Your home is looking glorious!! I love your cake too. Liz made that card????? Wow!!! Kezzie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kezzie - no, she bought it for me [but the wording on the front is "to Mum and Dad" which makes it extra special]

      Delete
  5. How lovely your decorations look.
    Lovely words too
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas Alison - and thank you for all your lovely comments this year. Hope you have a great time with your family too

      Delete
    2. Just caught up with this - Thank you so much, we did have a good time. Happy New Year xx
      Alison x

      Delete
  6. So many beautiful things, it all looks lovely. That cake is a work of art, so simple and yet so beautiful.

    Each Christmas is different, and yet each is the same in our hearts if we remember what Christmas is truly about. Sending all our love to you and all your family at this very special time of year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And love to you and yours - thank you for another year of great blogging!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing photos of your lovely decorations and the sweet cake with the fabulous ribbon! I wish you and Bob and all the family, and all reading here, a very blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too Bushlady, thank you for all your great comments this year

      Delete
  8. What beautiful and meaningful decorations you have!
    Merry Christmas to you, Bob, and the family!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And best wishes to you and yours ❤️👍

      Delete
  9. love your decorations, I have way too many also. Love your nativity, it's not something I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have too many nativity sets!

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas to you, Bob and family! Your decorations are very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Celie, thank you for all your kind comments during the past year

      Delete
  11. You have some lovely decorations that are special to you. I always say I need to declutter my Christmas decorations and I rarely do because I love them all!
    I wish you, Bob, and your loved ones a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Bless - I hope you and your daughter remain well over this weekend and enjoy a lovely time together

      Delete
  12. Your decs are very stylish. Merry Christmas to you and yours Angela. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too, Anne. Hope the Scottish weather does not interfere with your family travel plans! Have a Christmas full of joy and love, and a New year blessed with peace and hope 👍❤️

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!