Tuesday 27 December 2022

Paint Your Wagon

 Liz suggested a pull along wagon would be useful for Jess to store books and toys. Bob looked at a number online, and decided to construct one himself in the Lathe Palace. He used a sheet of ply from his wood stash. He ordered wheels from Norfolk firm Hobbies and built the wagon. 

One end was painted with blackboard paint. The other end he cut her name from wooden letters. Two short lengths of broom handle were turned and painted red and green to make toggles for the cord. It is good and strong [I'd venture to suggest it is stronger than some we looked at online] 
I'm pleased to report that Jess loves her Christmas gift - especially when big sister Rosie tows her round in it. She climbs in and calls "Ready... Go!" 
Well done Grandad. 




22 comments:

  1. I love seeing the things Bob and you make for your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou - we love making them (and I love the gifts you make and picture on your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wants to pull toys around when you can ride in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift and it’s lovely that Rosie tows her around. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift, I'm sure it will be treasured for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can he make one for me please!! :-) Fat Dormouse xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous gift for your granddaughter. Our granddaughter is a few weeks younger than your Rosie and is very into Lego and books which I always encourage. Happy New Year Gill C. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books and lego are great, long-lasting gifts. I hope you get to see your granddaughter over the festive season, and share in her joy

      Delete
  8. Wonderful!!
    My Dad was also a woodworker as is DH. I found a place what made s stickers and had them make stickers with "S "Shep's Shop" written at my request and Dad happily put those stickers on his creations from then on - and a few he'd made previously.
    More recently, I saw a place where you could order a "branding"" iron to burn your chosen words into wood.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a set of alphabet templates which I used for making displays when teaching - Bob used these to cut out J E S S. I'm glad our grandchildren all have short names - Sebastian or Persephone would have been more of a challenge

      Delete
  9. The perfect gift. Handmade with love, frugal, adaptable for many different uses, lasts for years and is welcomed with joy.
    Well done, Almond Team! ~ skye

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is absolutely adorable! The baby and the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift! You and Bob make the best gifts, ever!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!