Friday 17 February 2023

All My Ducks In A Row

For years I have had three little ducks sitting on the side of the bath here at Cornerstones. They were Anglian Water promotional freebies collected from various events. Fun toys for the grandchildren's bathtime [no, we, the adults have showers!] I regularly soak them in a mild bleach solution [squeezing them so they fill up with liquid] to keep them clean and fit for play. However, I could see that recently, black mould had started to accumulate inside the head and tail. The grubby duck had to go! We stopped on the way to Manchester for milk and bread- and I picked up a bag of three new ducks going cheep cheap in Aldi

When we got to Manchester, Steph was a little surprised to find them in with her groceries.  I explained why I'd bought them [At that price, I'd have been quackers not to] She gave me a brilliant top tip.
Before you use them, seal the little hole on the bottom with a blob of glue from a hot-glue-gun.
 Now water cannot get in, and mould cannot form. Great result! The new ducks will definitely have a longer shelf life beside the bath.
There's only one drawback - Rosie and I can no longer use the stuck-up ducks as impromptu water pistols!



23 comments:

  1. For the sake of the water pistol thing I'd be happy for them not to last so long. You are Very Noble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even without water pistols we can have fun!

      Delete
  2. So glad to know that you've not only got your ducks in a row, but they've been mold proofed, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip!! Though I can see the loss of the water pistol effect is very sad! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can still have bubbles

      Delete
    2. I think you need a Wilko spray bottle for the bathroom- it can be used for germinating your seeds and then live in the bathrooom for spray fun the rest of the time!

      Delete
  4. The ducks are adorable and Aldi is known for small bills so as long as the change over doesn't ruffle too many feathers, it's good to splash out.

    (sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small bills!!! Brilliant pun LM

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little yellow bathtub ducks... a dream from childhood :-)))
    Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viola. Children love their ducks at bath time all over the world!

      Delete
  7. Great buy and great tip from Steph. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little ducks are so cute - with or without the squirty holes!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea sealing up the ducks. But now I think you need to go and buy some water pistols for fun in the bathtub. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a thought...maybe ready for the Easter holidays...

      Delete
  10. Much in life involves little trade-offs, so perhaps no mold is better than water sqirting at each other?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I’d thought of that. My daughter had quite a collection and it was so sad when they had to be thrown out. For me it would have been a bonus that with the hole bunged up there was no squeak!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post inspired me to look for the lone rubber ducky in the guest bathroom, put in the cupboard under the sink when granddaughter became too old for bath toys. It is in good shape, has no hole in it and therefore no good for a water pistol, but it is cute! I may just put it on the edge of the bathtub for her next visit. (She's 16 now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could be the start of a collection 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!