Thursday 9 February 2023

Postcard #1

Here are the final two Postcard Project posts - one today, one tomorrow. This is the piece which I will be keeping, framing and displaying [along with a photo of the other piece which is now with Kirsten]. I think if you click on the image, you should be able to see more details
On the right, the name, blog address, and postmark - plus Ukrainian stamp. Plus the two royal cyphers marking the death of the Queen and accession of the King. And my washing line.
On the left, reading from top corner
Veg in One Bed my celebration of becoming a gardener
8pm Clock - K's daily time of prayer for peace in Ukraine
The sunflower and flag - my pictures for Ukraine along with the World Day of Prayer Logo
Nazanin is home from Iran - my joy at her plane landing in the UK
A view across the countryside - K's beautiful sketch interpreted in stitch
A little bird - I spent November embroidering these for my craft sale
Grandson Jacob's birth announcement
The postcard project, conceived, delivered, dated and signed by us both
A Christmas tree with K's Epiphany blessing
A patched panel - my boro stitching
Autumn leaves - K's circle of foliage
The labyrinth of prayer - K's meditative garden
The tea tray - K's appliqué and stitched homage to our afternoon delights
A Bicycle - my piece incorporating Dorset button wheels.

I cannot believe how much we stitched in one year - the notebook accompanying the fabric lists all the stitch patterns, and changed plans, and design decisions etc. 
Tomorrow I will post a picture of K's postcard.[They are about 24" x 12" in size.]



23 comments:

  1. It's truly beautiful! We have also got an enormous amount of joy out of this project so the blessings are multiplied! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing - and yes, we have both fou d so much joy through it ❤️👍☺️

      Delete
    2. What a wonderful project, that we have enjoyed with you....though not put in the hard work!

      Delete
    3. It has been so lovely to receive the encouraging comments along the way - glad that others have enjoyed it with us

      Delete
  2. What an amazing piece of social history you and your friend have created. It will look wonderful in a frame and look forward to seeing the othe one tomorrow. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am working out whether to frame the linen and the photo in one frame, or have two separate ones

      Delete
  3. it is lovely. Thank you for sharing it throughout the year. I have enjoyed seeing each one. I’m glad you have an ongoing project for this year. Love Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful - well done to you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue - I know that you appreciate the work that goes into such things

      Delete
  5. How very lovely
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious memento of world and home events! Well done to you both!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We wanted to record what we had done personally as well as world events

      Delete
  7. How lovely to see one of the completed postcards. You both put your best into them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful! So much from the heart, and a work of art! I look forward to seeing the other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful work of art - you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think the collaboration has made it much better than if I'd done it alone

      Delete
  10. Your postcard is lovely! Such intricate work! Looking forward to seeing the other one.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!