Thursday 16 February 2023

Top Marks / No Marks!

Top marks for the Yotam Ottolenghi recipe I made for our meal on Monday evening when we got home from Manchester. Bulgur with aubergine, tomato and preserved lemon yogurt was very easy, relatively fast, and very tasty. I used Steph's book, but the recipe is online here.

I did not assemble mine quite as elegantly, and my yogurt was a little more runny. But the yogurt was home-made and the mint was home grown.It was excellent as a main dish, but half the quantities would be a good side dish with a lamb chop, or a chicken breast.

No marks on my jumper now
Thank you to everyone who suggested the stain might be grease. Why didn't I realise that? I treated it with Dr Beckman 'Grease Stain Devil' , then soaked it in Vanish, then washed it as per normal. This belt and braces approach has left me with a pristine sweater. Thanks again for your ideas on that one. Collaboration is so helpful, even with seemingly simple problems.


16 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to remove the stain from your jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news that you got the stain out of the jumper. Sometimes it takes more than one brain to solve a problem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shows the benefit of all our good friends out in Blogland!!

      Delete
  3. Excellent news about your jumper. The meal looks tasty
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping the stain would come out. John spilled a drop of wood refinisher on his trousers (after I begged him to wear old jeans!) and I cannot get it out. Anyone know the U.S. equivalent of what Ang used?? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try some acetone nail varnish remover on a cotton ball. Stain Devils are marketed in the USA by Carbona

      Delete
    2. Thank you! JanF

      Delete
  5. The meal sounds interesting and delicious. So glad for your success removing that stain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love a bit of Otto Lenge! So glad the blog community saved the jumper! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good weekend K. Back to school on Monday!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!