Sunday 12 March 2023

Matthew Chapter 25

I was hungry and you gave me no meal,
I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
I was homeless and you gave me no bed,
I was shivering and you gave me no clothes,
Sick and in prison, and you never visited.

Then they are going to say, ‘Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn’t help?’

He will answer them, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me—you failed to do it to me.’ 

14 comments:

  1. Well said! I think the government may have thought this legislation would go through quietly but it won't. They have been well and truly called out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like every member of the govt to experience the terrors that these refugees have suffered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst I would not wish these terrors on anyone, I do feel that some of our MPs have no conception of what it means to be in fear or in want. Maybe if they did make an attempt to understand the suffering of others....

      Delete
  3. As has been pointed out the Bill before Parliament is named as the Illegal Immigration Bill. And indeed, the Home Secretary has admitted as such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can’t believe that one elite group of humans could do this to people who are desperate to flee from their own country to safety. It makes me so sad to see photos of children especially. Thank you for highlighting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treatment of the children breaks my heart

      Delete
  5. True than, true now. Amen

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed are those who call out the government when they see injustice and lack of mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope this awful plan does not come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everytime I hear about it, I can't believe it could be true!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!