Tuesday 21 May 2024

Aprรจs Le Feu

I first visited Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, on 29th July 1981[memorable, because it was the day Charles married Diana] It was my first ever holiday abroad, just before Bob started training for ministry. 
So I was really sad when the Cathedral burned on 15th April 2019. "I wish I had a jigsaw of the Cathedral" I said to Bob. We hunted everywhere...Eiffel Tower, L'Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, but no Notre Dame. 
Finally Bob found one of Notre Dame at sunset. It's lovely. It is most unusual, as every piece is a different shape. There are 1000 pieces!
Over the weekend I completed the jigsaw. And I am really excited, because this year, for our 45th wedding anniversary, Bob and I will be going back to Paris! Not later in the summer, but now  [to avoid the Olympics] Later today we drive to Romford and leave our car at Julian's, then tomorrow, train into London, and Eurostar to Gare du Nord. 
Not sure how much blogging I will do [I may set up a few posts before we leave, if I have time] But do not worry if there is a hiatus. 
There have been days recently when I wasn't sure the holiday would happen, but here we go! Au revoir! 

45 comments:

  1. Bon voyage - have a wonderful, wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au revoir, bon vacance. Hope you both have a wonderful time in Paris. 1979 must have been a good year as It was our 45th wedding Anniversary on Saturday just gone. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary to you two too ๐Ÿ’–

      Delete
  3. Wow! Have a wonderful time. Safe travels. Look forward to hearing about your holiday when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both for your 45th. Enjoy your time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very exciting! I do hope you have a safe and enjoyable time. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon voyage, have a wonderful time. Paris is one of my favourite cities, very walkable. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Bob's not up to lots of walking at the moment

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful time celebrating in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fabulous time. I briefly saw a programme clip with Joanna Lumley visiting Notre Dame now. Very interesting. Paris in Springtime will be lovely. Enjoy and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that. Saw Lucy Worsley on TV visiting the ND

      Delete
  9. How exciting! Safe travels and have a wonderful time! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you both. Have a fabulous time in Paris and take the time for yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very lovely. Have a lovely time and Happy Anniversary x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a wonderful trip and a very happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bรฉnรฉdictions de voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful time! Great idea to get there ahead of all the fuss and crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't want to get caught up with the Olympics

      Delete
  15. I hope you have a wonderful time, Paris in the Springtime is gorgeous. Happy Anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely holiday to look forward to in Paris. Enjoy. We are in a caravan near the Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth with thunder rolling round us. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you have a good time despite the weather

      Delete
  17. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sensible going to Paris now. During the games will be a nightmare. Bon Vacances and Bon Anniversaire!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ps I know someone who recently went to Paris and took her knitting! Please don't take your knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only creative activity is drawing in my travel journal

      Delete
  20. A great choice for a special anniversary.
    It will be our 30th in December so now you have given me an idea.......
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our anniversary is later in the summer, we wanted to come before the Olympics. It's certainly been a wonderful week. We first came as newlyweds, and did "the usual sights". This time we've set our own agenda visiting different places.

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!