Thursday 23 May 2024

Sacre Bleu!

 I don't believe it! Following the peroxide incident, Bob thought it would be a good idea to set That Woman to be bilingual. He walked into the bedroom on Tuesday and asked
Alexa, quell heure est-il?
and to my surprise, she replied in perfect French
Neuf heures et demi
He explained what he'd done, so I tried a question - the first I learned at school
Alexa, comment appelez vous?
And she replied [I kid you not] and started to play a tune
Playing 'Poo Bum, Pooh Bum" from Apple Music...
She does not understand my accent at all. I give up!!


18 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time when my daughter and her cousin asked Alexa (we were at my aunt's house and she had Alexa) to play a Sinhalese song and Alexa started playing a song about single ladies. We just started laughing. Maybe you'll have the perfect French accent upon your return from France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful, Bless. I'll be chuckling about that one all day

      Delete
  2. She's clearly trolling you! Maybe she likes Bob's accent too much! 😂Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll be hearing real French accents now so enjoy! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this has made me laugh. That Woman sounds better than Alexa. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means I can mention her without her interruptions

      Delete
  5. Oh that’s hilarious. I said to my husband that I’d never heard of the Poo Bum song and his immediate reply was “I bet J (our 6 year old grandson) has!” Charmaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandchildren usually know ALL the rude songs!

      Delete
  6. Haha ... it's not what you say it's the way that you say it. You obviously have a very different relationship to Alexa than Bob has. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Alexa is getting out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall have to try that on our Alexa and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!