Friday 24 May 2024

Daisy, Daisy...

A year ago, I was on holiday in Scotland, and I had a disastrous fall. As well as smashing up my teeth and face, my bag also got damaged. I was a quite upset- it had been a birthday gift from Liz, and I'd only had it for a few weeks. It's a neat little Uniqlo banana bag, made of nylon. It's ideal for holidays - cross-body style it holds a surprising amount.
But it had half a dozen small holes and done larger ones, from where it hit the gravel.
I thought I should repair if before the Paris trip. Sunday afternoon I sat and sewed, whilst watching a fascinating film about actress Dame Margaret Rutherford. 
An invisible mend seemed impossible - so I decided to make it bright and beautiful.
First I stitched the holes together with blue thread.
Then I stitched lazy daisies over them
Finally I sprinkled some silver sequins around the flowers. 
Smart enough for the Champs Elysee, do you think?

29 comments:

  1. I think you have improved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish and fun! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a smart mend in both meanings of the word! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely you are very imaginative and such a good needlewoman. Have you always liked to sew? Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost as long as I can remember, well over 60 years!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you are having a lovely holiday. The bag repair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now you have a very special personalized designer bag! Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grand job, Angela. Definitely smart enough for the Champs Elysee. Every time I buy a garment with embroidery on it my partner says "oh very Carole". I love embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, clever you.. I once embroidered daisies on the edge of a favourite blouse where the iron was too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely visible mending. I love watching Margaret Rutherford in old films, an amazing lady. Hope the break away is lovely x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She never started acting seriously till her 40s, which amazed me

      Delete
  10. The bag looks great, I am so glad you saved it and did such a fantastic job! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you have a designer bag that no one else has! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'est tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely repairs! It's like a whole new designer bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe you were only 20minutes away from me last year. Nice job on the bag.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!