Tuesday 29 November 2011

What The Dickens Is This About?

This was in our local free advertising paper last week! I hope it results in a lot of people buying tickets.

clip_image002

Christmas? Bah! Humbug! I dare say those dratted children will want to be entertained – as if I’d nothing better to do! And they have the cheek to imagine I’m going to pay! Still – those thoughtful people over at Kirby Muxloe Free Church have engaged a bunch of wastrels – the Saltmine Theatre Company (about time they got proper jobs, if you ask me) to put on some dramatic entertainment in the form of a Panto-Mime, whatever one of those is.

So at least on the 15th December (7pm, so I’m told) I can make sure they have something to keep them busy. Tickets are horribly expensive - £6 for adults, and £3 for children aged 11 or under. And they can be obtained from 1st November by sending to tickets@kirbyfree.org. What kind of postal address is that?

Frankly, I wouldn’t waste your money. The play seems to be about this upright chap who’s careful with his money, who ends up going completely round the bend. How can that be entertaining? It’s a tragedy! Local schools, apparently, have already filled two matinee performances? The world has gone quite mad. Stay at home, that’s what I say.

2 comments:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!