Wednesday 30 November 2011

Pole Dancing?

Along with four African costumes, the school also wanted some Polish ones. They supplied me with a couple of pictures – but they were not terribly helpful ones

clip_image002

clip_image002[4]

So I went and had a chat with a very helpful elderly Polish lady. She assured me that there was no definitive costume – they varied through different regions.

DSCF2779

She said the key thing was use of ribbon, lace and braid.

DSCF2778

I had great fun using trimmings and the fancy stitch settings on my machine, and I found some fabulous embroidered, sequinned trim.

DSCF2780DSCF2777

Two boys shirts, with embroidered braid at neck and cuffs, two girls outfits [dresses, made to look like blouse and skirt] and four red waistcoats.

DSCF2775DSCF2776polish costumes

2 comments:

  1. They're great! They remind me of a Polish doll in national dress my Nan had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it again, Angela! They're beautiful! Authentic indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!