Thursday 5 January 2023

An Egg Has Been Laid In The Bath

Grandson George is busy learning new words, discovering all sorts of exciting things and generally being a delight.It was December 30th before he finally realised that his 'treasure' - gold** foil coins - could be unwrapped to reveal chocolate pennies! He has learned too that eggs can hatch. So whilst at the SeaLife Centre Hunstanton last Saturday, with his cousins, he spent some of his Christmas Money on an egg. I think it is meant to hatch into a baby dinosaur.

He put it in water when he got back to Cornerstones. Unfortunately it got left behind when the family returned to Manchester on Sunday. So now it is in the bath inside my large lock'n'lock [It's OK, Bob and I prefer to use the shower] 

Day 1 - you can see two small holes at the base of the egg. The egg is about the size of my clenched fist/a small grapefruit 

They take weeks to hatch, Bob assured me [we will be visiting Manchester in about 6 weeks time]

Day 2 - absolutely no change

But on Day 3...


There is a definite crack, like a grinning mouth, appearing across the egg.

And the water appears cloudier

I am not sure I like having this thing in my bath - especially when I make a nocturnal visit to the loo [I mean, I've seen Jurassic Park, and look what happened to that guy when he went to 'spend a penny'!] If there is no blog for two days, you will know what has happened to me!

If you have not met these things before, check out this little clip


** George doesn't trust the foil coins which are shiny pink or blue, he was happy for Rosie to have them! He only wants the gold ones.










14 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, it's a good thing you and Bob prefer the shower! You might have a fully hatched baby dinosaur by the time you go to visit George! Maybe take him another Dino egg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. Ooo-er!!! That's a big unnerving!!! I shall pray you do not get eaten Ang! First day back at school today. Misery!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ•keep well Kezzie. Avoid dinosaurs and children with bugs

      Delete
  3. We got my grandsons one of these each a few years ago and even the eldest, who was about 13 at the time loved waiting for his dinosaur to hatch. They are very slimy things when you first lift them out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ•I don't much like sliminess (is that a word?)

      Delete
  4. This made me laugh right out loud, Angela. I've never heard of these eggs and I know my children would have loved it when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ• I think they are a relatively new idea. Bob and I are diligently checking for further evidence of hatching! I don't remember this being in my Grandparent Job Description! ๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿฆ–

      Delete
  5. Wow-what a fun activity for children to enjoy. Look after that baby dino when he arrives-are you filming progress reports to be sent to the owner of the egg? ๐Ÿคฃ Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking photos. It's a very slow process, so a film would be awfully boring!!! ๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿฆ–

      Delete
  6. Great fun x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just as well you don't have a cleaning lady or overnight guests or you might have some explaining to do!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!