Saturday 19 October 2024

What The Vicar Taught Me...

Last month I dropped in at the Parish church "Coffee, Cake and Chat" group, and Rev Rachael taught us to make paper roses [thanks]. I've been cutting squares for a Kusudama Workshop I am running today at my conference, here's a quick tutorial on roses...


For each rose you need 3 squares [these are 9cm²]
Fold each square into 4, then diagonally in half.

Now holding the point of the triangle, trim rund the open edge to get an ice cream cone shape. 


Then cut a tiny triangle from the bottom

Now open out your three flowers [A,B,C] Cut one segment out of  A, two out of B and three out of C. Line the 6 pieces up in order of size.

 
Now you need to take the smallest petal, run a line of glue down one straight edge and roll it up. Then take each petal in order, rolling it round the central 'stamen' and gluing down its outer edge. Here is the last petal waiting to be added. The pen mark indicates where you put the glue!
Once the glue has dried, gently roll each petal over a pencil to give it some curves. 

I made stems using wire, wrapped in a thin strip of paper. One flower is made from pages of an old paperback book, the other using an old map. 
The map pages were hard to curl. Next time I shall curl them before  rolling and sticking, I've tucked the blooms in my reed diffuser!
Come back Marie Osmond, all is forgiven!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!