Friday 25 May 2012

On Being Ready

We are off early this morning, to Devon and back, in a day, for the funeral of Bob’s cousin Adrian. He died recently in the local hospice, having lived a long and full life, working as a popular local GP until his retirement.

celtic praise cover

I’ve enjoyed reading through the book of Celtic Praise I bought last weekend. It has eight chapters, entitled

  1. Good Things
  2. Good Times
  3. Good Families
  4. Good Friends
  5. Good Thoughts
  6. Good Faith
  7. Good Living
  8. Good Dying

DSCF3783

Here is a poem from the final chapter

Let me not die suddenly

I want to be warned of my impending death.

I need time to order my material affairs

And time to confess my sins and repent

But surely I could always keep my affairs in order

Surely I could confess my sins as soon as I commit them

Then I would be ready whenever God wanted me

I would be happy to die suddenly.

DSCF3790

[These illustrations are all taken from the book]

2 comments:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!