Sunday 3 August 2014

Beyond My Wildest Dreams

I am not sure if we will be singing this one during Holiday Club – but it’s been buzzing round in my head these past few days, and I do like it so I thought I’d post the lyrics this morning

Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God
And He holds us in His hands.

He’s higher than a sky scraper
And He’s deeper than a submarine.
He’s wider than the universe
And beyond my wildest dreams.

IMG_2642

And He’s known me and He’s loved me
Since before the world began.
How wonderful to be a part
Of God’s amazing plan.

Our God is a great big God,
Our God is a great big God,
Our God is a great big God,
And He holds us in His hands.

IMG_2644

The pictures? Well I got home the other morning and found an unexpected parcel waiting for me – a blogfriend spotted this Hornsea casserole and knew I would love it [I do, I do!! thank you so much] It matches my wedding china, and this month we celebrate 35 years** of married bliss – so it is a delightfully unexpected anniversary gift. Even when we are least thinking about it, God sends us blessings out of the blue – how wonderful to be a part of God’s amazing plan!

[**35 years was traditionally the coral anniversary, but now it is the more eco-friendly jade]

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! And, I like that song too - we haven't sung it for a while, but since I am taking four services this month, we might just sing it now that you have reminded me of it! Have a good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely casserole dish. Mum and dad used to take us on a visit to Hornsey Pottery at least once a year when were kids. It was only an hour or so down the road, Now it is some kind of antique place.
    I quite like that hymn but not to enthusiastic about doing the actions.
    Have a lovely day
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our very fist plates were in that design!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you, Ang and Bob!
    What a lovely surprise gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song and now it's buzzing round my head too (do you do all the actions? I do!)!
    Happy Anniversary - may there be many more to celebrate. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful surprise! Lucky lady! Blessed indeed.
    Now if only I could get a clear pyrex lid for my no. 1 size casserole dish.......
    I have won a baking set from the housing association competition that, I don't remember entering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the diameter of a No 1 size casserole? I may have a spare lid you could have

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!